About Me

I am Wendy in the sense that everyone who had an imaginative childhood must someday grow up. I went from witch princess grand architect to art school student, home owner, and happy wife. However amidst bills and appointments sometimes I find Neverland is still there, I just have to look for it.

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Another Grown Up Problem

          I didn't think I'd get as much inspiration as I do from my blog title when I started, but I'm going to talk about the difference between childhood and being a grown up yet again. While I was running yesterday I felt all of my worries and stresses smother me for a few minutes and I wished for a moment that I could go back to when I didn't have to worry about anything. The problem is I never appreciated having no worries while I didn't and barely had time to catch my breath when adulthood started. I realize that's how it is for a lot of people but I do find it very ironic. We spend all of growing up wishing we were done already and we spend our entire adulthood wishing we had less responsibility.
          Yesterday I also realized that even if given the chance I wouldn't go back. Even with all of my mistakes I've worked hard and accomplished a lot of things that I was relieved to be done with. I don't want to do it again I want to just keep going. Which is rather convenient as that is really the only option available. I was also terribly grateful for my husband all day yesterday and he is truly wonderful. However that made me realize that  all this wonderful clarity I was experiencing was due to a timely rush of hormones. Oh grown up life you are nothing if not a roller coaster.

No comments:

Post a Comment